26.12.20

From Vegas to Page, AZ via the Grand Canyon with Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020

The plan today is to reproduce a flight I make whenever I have to join Las Vegas to Page (AZ), then mostly to fly to Monument Valley but this is another story. I took the C172 analog with the N4975F texture replica of a Plus One Flyer club plane based at San Diego. Las Vegas scenery is from Flytampa. All the rest is stock from MSFS. As usual I connected my Foreflight tablet app to my sim. Looking at the sunset time at Page, my destination, I choose accordingly my departure time. My plan is to reach the lake Powell with hot colors.


wBCwIb5.jpg
The route is simple KLAS BLD Hoover Dam then the Fossil Corridor to go through the free flights zone of Grand Canyon SFRA


As a backup I enter the “route” in the GNS530 (mod "pms50-gns530")

Image may contain: people playing sport, sky, cloud and outdoor
Today, runways 8 are in use. I started from Signature FBO but I turned on the other/wrong right and headed to the 19’s by mistake MSFS is a great training tool!

The awesome rendition of Las Vegas strip by Flytampa


Finally, I make a 180 and headed to the correct direction… Let's go the other way


Holding short 8L


Foreflight receives XmapSy 3.1 trafic data and displays it on the ground chart


Is that enough for my tiny C172?


Initial climb, looking at tubeliner's terminal


Awesome rendition of McCarran


Leaving Las Vegas




11'500 ft is the minimum altitude for the VFR corridor into the Grand Canyon SFRA and Foreflight advises me to climb as much as possible to benefit from tailwinds. But for now, I'm vector into the Bravo 



Overflying Hooverdam then


... continuing eastbound...


... and passing by Grand Canyon west airport




SFRA over Grand Canyon force me to fly at 11'500 ft (or 13'500 ft) northbound into the Fossil Corridor



The timing seems to be perfect for cool shots



Before reaching the Marble Canyon then Page, I reached this green plateau



Entering the Marble Canyon, I've started my descend


.


Descending to Pag and letting Marble canyon airport at my left wing. Not enough fuel for a stop & go. Next time soon


Horseshoe with a decreasing light. Better come sooner there next time




High left base 33 at Page (KPGA)


Turning final 33


Short final 33


Few seconds, before touch down



As usual parked at Classic Aviation FBO

Aucun commentaire:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...