8.1.21

Montgomery - Gibbs Exec Airport taxiway fix and many more for Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020



The default Montgomery Field KMYF airport is great... but requires improvement: most taxiways and signs are inaccurate, some taxi blue lights obstruct movements, buildings are missing, there are windsocks everywhere... etc. Here's my first updated airport. Thanks so much to all the simmers who appreciate and supports our passion and encourage me to make the scenery. If you liked it, please write a comment!

To download the free file, go to flightsim.to: https://flightsim.to/file/5856/montgomery-gibbs-exec-airport-taxiway-fix-and-many-more

To have a taste of Montgomery (KMYF) in real, you can check my Youtube channel with a lot of Farwest flying trip videos but also this great FAA Runway Safety episode.

Features

  • New taxiway names. C, A, H, G1, M, E are misplaced or non-existent in the stock MSFS version. They are updated in this scenery and are similar the official airport ground chart (for example via Airnav: https://www.airnav.com/airport/KMYF)
  • New taxiway signs : all signs have been reviewed and updated (see Caution)
  • A single windsock at the right place.

Extra bonus (it wasn't the initial project)

  • Missing buildings have been added according to the Bing Map photorealistic texture
  • The underlying default texture is resize and now reveal iconic locations: business area with FSDO and Marv's Golden, Casa Machado, west side of airport (to be continued), Gibbs FBO and more to come if you enjoy this first step.

How to install?

Unzip the file into your Community folder. Once installed go to KMYF as usual, the scenery is overlayed over the existing default one.

Caution

It's my first airport update. Don't expect high quality payware content. I'm totally new to the MSFS Scenery Editor mode. Feel free to comment and share any mistakes to improve this first work.
I'm a member of a flying club at Montgomery Field (Plus One Flyers) but I leave in France.
I fly at San Diego several times per year but my real experience of certain areas is null or very limited. For example, I never went (in real) in the west side at L, G. I have a lot of video material (check my Youtube channel) but I lack of shots at location I never went. If you have updates and picture valuable to update this scenery, feel free to contact me.


Limitations

This airport's update contains only stock objects. No handmade texture or 3D objects have been designed, because It's far beyond my design skill ;) Don't expect signs on buildings to be accurate. They give a feeling of "it looks like what we have in real".
The Bing Map ground photorealist texture is not up to date. For example some ground markings, the old Crown Air building, G1 taxiway are wrong compare to today. This scenery is a mix between the date of the Bing texture and the today's real world.

After updating all the taxiways, which were the main initial objectve, I started to play with the MSFS scenery editor and enhanced other aeras. It's just a first try and play. Fences are not accuratly positioned. More to come if simmers are pleased with this first result! Let me know!

Known issues

  • Some red marked hold shorts do not appeared or are wider than in real. It's a SDK limitation.
  • All the perimeter fences are not yet in place and there are obviously a lot of security issue ;)
  • Some blue lights have been totally removed to clear the taxiway path. Unfortunately I didn't succeed in putting some at the right place. SDK limitation?
  • There's a lot of cars and trucks (even buses) moving around. I don't know yet how to limit/remove them. Any idea?

Tools used: ADE Beta 12 for MSFS to generate the initial .xml file, then everything is generated with the included MSFS SDK editor. Thank you to Antoine D. and Manuel G. for their Beta tests.




*

Aucun commentaire:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...